The above mention lines are as true as our existence. It is not always that you need to go to a club or a
gymnasium for keeping yourself healthy, but there are several other aspects, which we can easily maintain in
our regular activities. Such as:
1. Practise in healthy and hygienic nutrition and say no to junk & oily foods.
2. Practise in saying no to those foods, which are open to air or remain cut for a long period.
3. Practise in saying no to chewing&smoking tobacco, plenty of alcohol and unauthorized drugs.
4. Practise in taking plenty ofwater on regular basis.
5. Practise in brushing your teeth twice a day.
6. Practise in taking regular bath.
7. Practise in taking green – leafy vegetables.
8. Practise in taking foods only afterwashing your hands and utensils.
9. Practise in taking medicines only after the consultation of a recognized medical practitioner.
10. Practise in doing regular exercise, if not in a gymnasium, thenwalking and free hand atleast.
11. Practise in frequent health check-up by a recognized medical practitioner.
Maya Foundation always believes in these points and therefore, performed several activities all the year, aswe know its "HEALTH MATTERS".
Maya Foundation spent Rs. 50, 61,248.00 (Rupees Fifty Lakhs, Sixty One Thousand, and Two Hundred and Forty Eight Only).
|Project Details||No.of Direct Beneficiaries – Year 2013-2014||Age Group (in years)||No.of Indirect Beneficiaries – Year 2013-2014||Outcome||Project Funded / Supported By||Venue||Project Starting Year|
|Free monthly check-up in project "Urban Shelter for homeless(Women)"||56||18 to 80||224||Monthly health check-up of every beneficiaries by MBBS Doctors. Ensuring awareness on good health, even if the beneficiaries||Government of West Bengal||Telengabagan||2012|
|Free monthly check-up in project "Urban Shelter for homeless(Men)"||40||13 to 80||200||Monthly health check-up of every beneficiaries by MBBS Doctors.||Government of West Bengal||Rajabazaar||2013|
|Free Medication in project "Urban Shelter for homeless(women)||40||13 to 80||200||Properly medicating these men from underpriviledge background, after through health check-up by the MBBS doctors in health camps. Diagnosing and fighting back iron and calcium deficiency. Control blood pressure and diabetic levels as well.||Government of West Bengal||Rajabazaar||2013|
|Free Medication for the underpriviledged students of Nabadisha||2100||04 to 14||8400||Properly medicating these underpriviledge students after check-up by MBBS Doctors in the health camps. Diagnosing and fighting back iron , calcium, vitamin , protein deficiency. Checking the Eye and ENT issues. Monitor de-worming.||Self Funded, but supported by Kolkata Police||North Kolkata||2011|
|Awareness on Socio-Behavorial Changes Amongst Adolescent Females (AF)||223||10 to 20||1800(AF) & 5400(Non AF) + 3600||By- monthly health clinics for these AF by Gynaecologists, tracking on deficiency of iron , calcium, vitamin and protein is done. Ensure knowledge growing on gynaecological issues of Adolscecnt period through cultural programme appointing and training the Sathi leaders , Personal interaction(home visit) of the beneficiaries by the Sathi leaders,distribution of leaflets & booklets, conducting quiz and Extempore, meeting with the local ULB, teachers, Cultural Activists, health Resource unit, etc and many more.||Gvernment of West Bengal||Suri municipal area, Birbhum district||2014|
|Free Medication in Awareness on Socio-Behavorial Changes Amongst Adolescent Females (AF)||223||10 to 20||1800(AF) & 5400 (Non AF) + 3600||Controlled identified anemia and other gynaecological disorder||Government of West Bengal||Suri Municipal area, District Birbhum||2014|
|Cooked Mid Day Meal for 29 Govt. of WB Regd Schools||6500||05 to 16||26000||Healthy & Hygienic food, Ensuring Regular balance Nutrition of carbohydrates, protein and fiber. Ensuring Regular consumption of green vegetbles. Stop junk and oily foods. Washing of hands before taking up a meal||Kolkata primary school council and Sarva siksha mission||North Kolkata||2013|
Project Title:"Induce Socio Behavorial change Amongst Adolscent Female".
Project of: Department of Municipal Affairs , Government of West Bengal.
Project Duration:1st March 2014 to 28th February 2015 .
Location: Suri Municipal area, District Birbhum.
Direct Beneficiaries : 223 Adolescent Females of 18 Wards of Suri Municipality Area , Birbhum.
Indirect Beneficiaries : 1800 more Adolescent females and 5400 Non-Adolescent females of 18 wards of Suri Municipality Area, Birbhum.
Project Alongwith : Suri Municipality
Project Supervisor : Shri narayan Chandra Mukhopadhyay , West Bengal Audit and Accounts Service Qualified, Ex-Joint Director of Accounts-Department of School Education (Secondary Education, Birbhum) , Government of West Bengal.
Project Details : A one year awarness project of Department of Municipal Affairs , Government of West Bengal on Gynaecological issues of females of Adolscent age group, the project is Supported by Suri Municipality.
he project emphasis on awarness on the above mentioned topic through various modes , like : Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Appointing the 18 Survey Members to make a survey on the different types of Gynaecological issues of Adolscent females of 18 wards of Suri Municipality.
2. Appointing the 15 Sathi Leaders and trained them to move to the 18 Wards of Suri Municipality. Each Sathi leader will make them of 13 beneficiaries from each Ward and teach thenm how to face the Gynaecological issues of Adolescent Females of 18 Wards of Suri Municipality .
3. Meeting with the Urban Local Bodies , Local School Teachers , Local Health Resource Unit , Local Cultural Activists and Local Enterpreneurs of Suri Municipal area and built up a team for the awarness on the project Title and its motto through the Suri Municipal area.